These three day layoffs with out hockey are getting more durable and more durable to digest. Fortunately, it is hotter outdoors and the times are getting longer, so my temper is getting higher and higher. It additionally helps that the three-day wait is not confronted with the worry of one other Chicago Blackhawks sport on the finish, however fairly the thrill. I am delighted that the Blackhawks are parading by way of March with confidence and a Central Division playoff spot of their minds.
• They will positively want that confidence from the get-go, as they put together to face the Tampa Bay Lightning in three video games in 4 days beginning Thursday night time. The Blackhawks will face the Lightning, Florida Panthers and Carolina Hurricanes (the three groups above them within the division) ten occasions over the subsequent 14 video games in March.
The Blackhawks enhance to 11-3-2 in opposition to groups which are at the moment .500 or much less. Their subsequent 11 video games are in opposition to opponents with a mixed proportion of 0.693 factors.
– Mark Potash (@MarkPotash) March 1, 2021
• The Blackhawks had a really profitable February, going 9-3-1 in 13 video games. Chicago completed with the second most factors within the standings of the month (19), tied with the Toronto Maple Leafs (9-2-1) and only one level behind the Lightning (10-3- 0). The Blackhawks additionally positioned third within the league with 46 objectives scored and sixth in PDO (1.035) for the month.
• A lot of their success in February might be attributed to Patrick Kane.
Patrick Kane ran all of it #NHL gamers with 24 factors in February (7 objectives, 17 assists in 13 video games). That is the very best month-to-month level complete of his profession and the very best month-to-month level complete of all. @NHLBlackhawks participant over the previous 30 seasons. #Blackhawks
– Elias Sports activities Workplace (@EliasSports) March 1, 2021
• Kane is second within the NHL this season with 34 factors, behind solely Connor McDavid (40) for the league lead. Kane leads the NHL with 24 factors tied this season, two factors forward of McDavid, Auston Matthews and Mitch Marner in second place.
14 seasons and Patrick Kane (@ 88PKane) continues to be going robust.
– NHL (@NHL) March 1, 2021
• Having the most effective seasons of his profession primarily based on manufacturing price, Kane is squarely in the midst of the Hart Trophy run this season as a league MVP. He simply hit the 400-goal mark on Sunday night time and solely provides to an already Corridor of Fame profession. The Blackhawks will drive his manufacturing all through the season and presumably into the playoffs.
• Kane scored his four-hundredth objective carrying the all new Adidas Reverse Retro jerseys on Sunday night time. The Blackhawks will put on them twice once more this season on March 28 in opposition to the Nashville Predators and on April 8 in opposition to the Dallas Stars. Additionally they introduced in the present day that they are going to be carrying their 2019 Winter Traditional sweaters 3 times this season! I subscribe to the notion of “should you look good, you play good”. These kinds look good.
• In keeping with PointsBet, Patrick Kane is 7/1 to win the league MVP title this season, behind Auston Matthews (3/1) and Connor McDavid (20/23). The Blackhawks are 18/1 to win the Central Division and 40/1 to win the Stanley Cup, as are the Calgary Flames, Dallas Stars and New York Rangers. Kevin Lankinen has the second greatest odds (5/1) to win the Calder Trophy as NHL Rookie of the 12 months, behind frontrunner Kirill Kaprizov (1/2).
• As for the Jack Adams award for NHL Coach of the 12 months, it may very well be a really fascinating group of contenders on the finish of the season…
Quite wild that the 2 essential contenders for the Jack Adams is likely to be Joel Quenneville and the person who changed him, Jeremy Colliton.
– Mark Lazerus (@MarkLazerus) March 2, 2021
• Need extra statistics and numbers?
Blackhawks residence objectives by interval:
With the media behind the tip of Shoot As soon as, we solely noticed 9 of the 41 objectives up shut. A loopy statistic, which solely counts for a dozen folks.
– Ben Pope (@BenPopeCST) March 1, 2021
• I do not know, Ben, I discover that fascinating.
• About as fascinating as this Blackhawk themed sand artwork…
I can’t. See. A approach.
– Chicago Blackhawks (@NHLBlackhawks) March 1, 2021
• Talking of artwork, as Lake Michigan thaws, the photographs of water resurfacing throughout the river and onto the shore are one among my greatest underrated reminders of the return of spring. This additionally applies to creating the aforementioned Reverse Retro sweaters stand out!
– Craig Shimala (@cshimala) March 1, 2021
• What would have actually jumped on Twitter about hockey was Anaheim Geese rookie Trevor Zegras, who scored his first profession NHL objective like this:
– NHL GIFs (@NHLGIFs) March 2, 2021
• He is so good and goes to be an issue for the remainder of the league.
• Any issues you say? The Calgary Flames had all types of them in warm-ups final night time.
What the hell was happening with the Flames throughout the warm-up? 🤨 pic.twitter.com/RdNdvApUdM
– TSN (@TSN_Sports) March 2, 2021
• I nonetheless do not perceive why gamers do not put on helmets throughout warm-ups. With all these pucks flying in all instructions, I might be so scared to take one on each flip.